We at St Magnus International Festival (collectively “St Magnus International Festival”, “we”, “us” and “our”) take protection of your privacy seriously.
We understand that your information is important to you and that you may have concerns over its protection, processing and use.
St Magnus International Festival is a charity registered in Scotland; Scottish Charity No SC011666; and Company Number SC073825.
We are the data controller for the personal information you share with us and we operate in accordance with current data protection legislation.
Contact details for the St Magnus International Festival are:
St Magnus International Festival
13 Albert Street
Ticketing System and Online Accounts
Our official ticketing vendor is TicketSource, and they sell tickets to our events through the Festival website. They create an online account for you as part of the booking process.
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by subscribing to a newsletter or submitting a contact form.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
We may use the information collected through cookies in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or enquiries
- To provide you with support;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Third-party use of Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website presently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Mail Chimp – this service is used for delivery of email updates and newsletters. We store your name and email address for purposes of delivering such communications.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications.
This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when explicitly required by law, we will not distribute or reveal your email address or other personal information without your explicit written consent.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter (issued by Mailchimp), which may be used for advertising purposes.
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns.
Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behaviour will not be passed on to third parties.
Rights Related to your Personal Information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com
- Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – You may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when explicitly required by law.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16.
If a parent or guardian believes that the Website holds personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove such information from our records.